Creating or editing an Organization
What are Organizations?
Organizations are a way to connect every person and Team Room in your company under one shared billing account. They are an easy way to organize and view all the people and teams you work with that use Retrium, regardless of whether you have one or one hundred teams running retrospectives.
Also, Organizations make it possible for multiple people in your company to configure security settings, manage users, and control the creation of Team Rooms. Because we charge for our product based upon monthly active Team Rooms, Organizations are essential to understanding Retrium usage and the monthly cost of our product.
Create an Organization
There are two ways to create a Retrium Organization, and we’ve outlined those options in detail in our article about signing up for Retrium.
Through our marketing site
If you’re signing up for a free trial of Retrium through our website, we will automatically create your first Organization for you when you go through the account and profile setup process. You won't need to do anything else to create your Organization.
Through the Retrium application
If you signed up for Retrium from an email invitation, you were added as a member of someone else’s Organization. This means you were not required to create an Organization as part of the signup process, since an Organization for your company already existed.
However, if you want to create an Organization of your own (separate from your company's existing Retrium Organization), you can follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to the "user settings" menu in the top right corner of the application, and click on the button to create a new free trial. If this button is unavailable, it means you have already used your one free trial account or your company does not allow this action.
2. This will open the menu to answer a few questions and set up your new Organization.
3. The last step of the process enables you to create your first Team Room, so you can get started running retrospectives quickly.
4. Once you create your Team Room, you'll likely want to add new members.
5. You can then choose to upgrade your free trial to a paid subscription.
Editing an Organization
After you've created an Organization, you can also choose to edit it. You will need to be an Org Admin in order to perform these actions.
You can change the name of an existing Organization, invite people to join the Organization, or upgrade the subscription using the "gear" icon next to the Organization name. You'll find this gear in the side navigation panel if you are the Org Admin for your company.
Once you open the Org Settings menu, you can click into the box to change the name of the Organization and then save the updated content.
From the Org settings menu, you can also add new people to your company's Organization account using the invitation section of the modal.
Additionally, you can upgrade your account from the Org Settings menu too.